In 1967, Dr Jean Cornillault of CILAS invented and patented a laser particle size analyzer. It was meant for the cement industry to measure accurately the grain size distribution.
A solution for every need
CILAS’ particle size analyzers characterizes the size and shapes of particles, in suspension or in emulsion. For fundamental research projects, development or quality control, customers can improve the testing of their products. CILAS's instruments apply to various applications like cement, ceramics, manufacturing industries, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, biology, food or environmental industries.
The particle size analyzers offer several advantages, developed and patented by CILAS, such as:
- The 2-1 Wet and Dry mode concept which lets the user switch modes in less than 1 second
- The Short Bench Concept and no need to realign
- The Modular concept: 1 or 2 or 3 lasers
A wide range of Particle Size Analyzers
CILAS offers a range of instruments measuring from micron particle to nanoparticle. They are ISO 13320 compliant.
|PSA 990||PSA 1090||PSA 1190||Nano DS|
|Measurement principle||Laser diffraction||Laser diffraction||Laser diffraction||Static Light scattering|
|Measuring range (Dry)||0.3 - 500 μm||0.1 - 500 μm||0.1 - 2500 μm||-|
|Measuring range (Wet)||0.2 - 500 μm||0.02 - 500 μm||0.02 - 500 μm||0.3nm – 10 µm|
|Measuring time||< 1 min||< 1 min||< 1 min||< 1 min|
|Precision||< 3%||< 3%||< 3%||-|
|Compliance||ISO 13320, 21 CFR part 11, CE||ISO 13320, 21 CFR part 11, CE||ISO 13320, 21 CFR part 11, CE||ISO 13320, 21 CFR part 11, CE|
|Dimensions (L X D X H)||890 X 530 X 430 mm||890 X 530 X 430 mm||890 X 530 X 430 mm||341 x 218 x 533 mm|
|Weight||55 kg||55 kg||55 kg||14.5 kg|
Particle Size Analyzers Accessories
The Shape Analyzer
The Shape Analyzer measures the particle morphology and particle shape.
- Compatible with all models,
- For both dry and wet mode,
- Controlling the particle aggregation state,
- To master the measurement process!
The Autosampler automatizes the sample measurement process.
- For both dry and wet modes,
- 30 vials are sequentially and automatically poured,
- Just to save time and money!
Focused on customer service
At CILAS, to stand by customers means to provide them with:
- On-site technical support including initial configuration and tests
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Spare parts delivery
- Analyses of samples on request in our laboratory and reports
- Application sheets and documentation
CILAS has an extensive end-user network worldwide.
For more information, www.particle-size-analyzer.com